I never lie, I promise.

A place for me to publish my stories, most of them unfinished. Any comments appreciated.

Here lies a toppled God, his fall was not a small one. We did but build his pedestal, a narrow and a tall one. (I can't remember where I stole this from)

Sunday, November 13, 2005

First Post

Eric was always in awe of the Universe, as any good astronomer should be. One night he caught himself just short of spending the whole night staring at the stars, dreaming of aliens and black holes consuming the planet.

By anyone else's standards, the last few years of his life had been pretty boring, but to Eric they were the most exciting years of his life. He had seen dying suns, seen great big cosmic mixing bowls, spitting out new solar systems like blobs of cake mix. But he saw it all from a distance; through telescopes, on computer screens or lying on the grass as he was now, just staring up at the stars.

Little did Eric know he was, ironically, looking at a young Earth millions of years ago. At that exact same time, an Earthling astronomer was looking back at Eric's planet; millions of years ago. Eric had good reason to be in awe of the Universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home